Home About Me My Portfolio Contact Me

Saturday 11 February 2012

Project Perfect - ღ

From my twitter tweet that clarified my electricity had gone off through out yesterday morning/afternoon..I had to make do with drafting my posts When it finally let me back on the internet it was that I discovered reading Flaws and All's post about Project Perfect late last night.I realised how amazing and inspiring this idea is of making more Bloggers aware of  their self-confidence, help everyone focus on what they do like about themselves, instead of looking in the mirror and pin-point negatives thangs about themselves they do not like. We find ourselves begin to question What is normal?! What is Perfect?! As Amy gave the link of Gok's Teen: Naked Truth ..I couldn't help but click on the link..I am discovering the program is very very interesting. As I can relate to some of the teenagers in the show. Such as I suffered with anorexia while I was in High School. No-one was there to support or offer advice in school..as they try to do now! Which Gok is trying to promote positive body image/confidence course for teachers to do with their students! I definitely agree it is the Media that fills our minds with how we should look,,If it's just about your image/size/colour etc. Remember that time Russell Brand took that pic of Katy Perry.We always think she is soo glamorous beautiful! But that pic proved she was just like us..ordinary and natural:)! In the documentary, it interested me that Gok focused on a story, about a fifteen gurl year old who believed that every image she saw in a magazine or on the internet was their actual appearance..then it wasn't until later on in the show..Gok invited her to a fashion shoot..where she learnt that the model didn't actually look the same way in real life than on the images she saw {Photoshopped}. She burst into happy tears..as she began to realise..that it was a fantasy..this is how the media want the model to look.
The Project Perfect has to include the following features:-

1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like about yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.
This post has took me a while to type up..as I have been trying to hard you could say to think of three gurd points about myself..which I know is really bad! As I guess you could say this shows signs that I have low self-esteem..Maybe find it easier to look at thangs I'm not happy with about myself {negatives} However I'm sure you will be able to think of three..When you do..I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face..As it did to me:)!

What I have been finding though..Is I feel less and less confident now as I find myself seeming to compare myself to other Bloggers{which is one of the worst thangs I could do..As we are all beautiful and unique in our own ways!}..I feel I can't live up to the expectations of looking as gurd as them..with their gorgeous hair,make-up etc!
After three hours..I have finally come up with a few things:)! Wayhay! at least your probably thinking.

Here goes;-

I like this pic of meh as it gives me a different look..I like the way I have applied make-up on my eyes yet it doesn't look too much. I lurve the way my hair looks here got more volume and bigger {My hair-style kinda reminded me of Cher Lloyd's music video Swagger Jagger} with my Bow hairband. I like the look of My lipstick stained lips:)!



3 thangs that I DON'T like about myself but turned into positives:-

  1. My skin tone - I am very very pale..I can sometimes look washed-out in some photos.I hate my pasty white legs and arms in dresses. Meanwhile, some people find it attractive {like my fiance' loves my skin tone} and the expression given as an 'English rose'. So I should be grateful with the skin I have got as it is healthy..I have had comments saying I have a healthy glow.
  2. My Hair - I have really fine hair but it is straight. I always have wanted curls though and to be much thicker for a volumized look. However, the positive would be that, Some people would love to have straight thinner hair rather than thicker.{I can play with my fiance's volumized hair}
  3. My ears - I have always hated the shape of my ears one slightly points out more.However, I am soo grateful my hair can move in-front of  my ears and also I wear a long fluffy hat to disguise it. This is a positive because they keep my ears warm but also I have excellent hearing.


3 thangs I like about myself
  1. I have a heart-shaped face - Which also means I have chubby cheeks I have had comments saying I have lovely high cheek bones. However my fiance' absolutely lurves them says they are cute..When I smile..He also calls me the Lemar from Madagascar because of them hehe!
  2. After wearing braces for two years having them taken off last November..I can say that I definitely can see the change of them being more straighter..I smile more now. Beforehand I never used to smile because I hated my teeth. 
  3. Being 5 ft 8 in a size 10 frame I could say I'm blessed with as my fiance' says I have a lurvely figure. I consider having an alright body type after my body having gone through the process of anorexia then gradually recovering over three years to find myself struggling to put weight on!.

Just Remember..Nobody is Perfect! You are unique and beautiful in every single way:D!  There is no rule on how you should look!




¤♥¤Oº°‘¨☜♥☞¤¤☜♥☞¨‘°ºO¤♥¤¤♥¤Oº°‘¨☜♥☞¤¤☜♥☞¨‘°ºO¤♥¤¤♥¤Oº°
Don't be a stranger..stay in touch:)! Twitter ♥♥ Email ♥♥ Google+
¤♥¤Oº°‘¨☜♥☞¤¤☜♥☞¨‘°ºO¤♥¤¤♥¤Oº°‘¨☜♥☞¤¤☜♥☞¨‘°ºO¤♥¤¤♥¤Oº°

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤I always look forward to reading your lovely comments, it always brings a smile to my face:)! I appreciate you following my Blog❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...